With the winter months arriving, your thoughts may be turning to heating efficiency and keeping your house warm. On the subject of heater repair in Texas, there are a few rules of thumb to guide you through the colder season.
• Some easy and safe general maintenance that anyone can do include vacuuming vents and grilles, relocating air-obstructing furniture, and changing filters regularly. You can rinse the outside drain from your unit and carefully clean dust and dirt from the parts. You may also be able to check the ductwork for possible leaks or damage.
• Schedule system checkups before freezing nights arrive. This ensures that your HVAC is ready and operating properly. Doing this routinely can uphold the assurances of your installation warranty.
• Call us if you have questions or concerns regarding the functioning of your AC or if you are planning a remodeling project. Your trained service experts can give you suggestions and advice to maximize the efficiency of your equipment.
• Utilize the free energy of the sun. Open blinds and draperies when the light is brightest. This will create a wonderful fresh atmosphere in your rooms while reducing the stress on your components.
• Don’t attempt to fix problems yourself. Electrical shock or injuries are risk factors. You should have us perform any necessary work to avoid damage to your element.
• Don’t call just anyone in Texas to take care of your heater repair. You wouldn’t want your dentist operating on your heart. Choose our reputable, licensed and insured company with certified technicians for all of your HVAC needs.
Follow these simple do’s and don’ts to keep your home cozy and comfortable whatever the weather, and of course you can always call us at (512)634-8049.
If your Austin home requires heater repair, know that your air conditioning specialists can help you in many ways. Give us a call for assistance for any of these reasons.
Most people call because their system is on the blink, or making noises. Our experts have been trained and certified to identify the issues and fix them for you. Most problems can be easily and quickly brought under control.
Perhaps you just have questions about the operation of your system. You may have an efficiency concern due to a rise in fuel costs. You might be wondering if your installation will accommodate a house remodeling project. You could be interested in updating your product with one of the newer models that qualifies for SEER rating rebates. Our technicians can give you the information you seek and save you money as well as valuable time. We can conduct an assessment of the cubic footage needs of your residence and determine if your current setup is sufficient for comfort.
You need to be aware that our heater repair service in Austin can help you keep your home relaxing and enjoyable and your machine in great working condition. Regular maintenance checkups give the mechanic the opportunity to troubleshoot any items of concern and get your HVAC tuned up in preparation for the long winter or summer months. Just knowing that the inspection was good gives you peace of mind.
A well established company like ours with a reputation for dependability can make a difference in the smooth operation of your household. When everything is running just fine, you don’t even have to think about it. However, it is reassuring to know that a little prevention and consideration can make things easier when a functional concern does happen. Put our phone number on speed dial so we can restore tranquility as soon as possible.
Is your HVAC system in your Texas house suddenly speaking a strange language? If you have been hearing unidentifiable noises in your system, then you may need the help of a professional right away.
Some noises are commonly associated with the operation of an air conditioner such as the characteristic whoosh of airflow or the click when the unit first starts up. However, a change in the normal sounds could indicate a problem.
There are several reasons why bumps and thumps may occur. For example, squealing could be a symptom of a belt that needs attention, just as you might notice with an automobile. A popping noise can result when the ductwork is expanding or contracting as the temperatures change. While this can be irritating if it is loud, rarely is it of major import.
You may hear a rumble when the compressor is warming up, particularly if the AC has not been on for some time. This can be normal.
When Freon levels become low, the condition can produce clamor. This is an issue that requires the expertise of our trained technicians. We can recharge your element easily.
Loose or worn parts can suddenly cause an unexpected racket when the machine cycles. It is a problem that your heating experts can usually remedy rather quickly. A part may simply need to be tightened or replaced.
You have an essential investment in the HVAC system in your Texas residence, as it is a substantial part of the value of your property. You also want comfort for your family and your guests. Whenever you become aware of unusual activity in your installation, call us; your repair masters for an evaluation. We can do routine tune-ups, too, to prevent troublesome and sudden malfunctions of your appliance. So if your heating and air begins to develop a new vocabulary, contact our specialists for help, which can translate to greater enjoyment of your home.
Your heating unit is no longer putting out warm air, it’s the coldest week you’ve seen this year, and you have called your HVAC technician. What can you do to keep from shivering while you are awaiting heater repair?
1. That fireplace might have been one of the selling features of your home. If it is not in use, now is the time to throw a few logs in the grate and enjoy the warmth of the flames. You can even roast hot dogs over the fire. Children may especially enjoy a break from the usual meal type, and have fun cooking as if they’re camping.
2. Bring out the space heaters, but keep an eye on them. Children should be carefully supervised around these to avoid accidents. The family can all gather in one heated room. It is a good time for group activities such as board games or cards.
3. Put on layered clothing and wear a sweater. Double up on the socks. Curl up under blankets and throws.
4. Make coffee or hot chocolate and eat hot foods such as chili or soup. These will increase your body temperature and help to keep you more comfortable.
5. Don’t forget the natural power of the sun. Open the window blinds and draperies where the light is strongest. This is a good idea even when your system is operating normally.
So stretch out with a great book under Grandma’s afghan and sip on some cocoa. Before you know it, your air conditioning genie will be there to grant your heater repair wish. Ask him about setting up routine tune-ups for your AC. These will help to ensure that your home’s AC is properly maintained and functioning well before those frostiest days arrive. To bring some of this magic into your home when you need it or to prevent a need from arising, visit our website at http://www.aircoaustin.com or call us at (512)634-8049.
Air conditioning service may be a convenience you don’t have to use every day, but it makes your life easier continually. Routine maintenance can make a positive difference in at least 5 ways:
1. Throughout the seasons, regardless of the weather changes, your system allows you, your family, and your guests to feel comfortable.
2. Regular tune-ups keep your unit running as efficiently as possible, providing reliable and predictable performance.
3. Your power bills should be consistently lower because of your care. Attention to your HVAC by professionals is also a means of validating some warranties.
4. You can increase the lifespan of your element by simply employing upkeep. This will extend time until replacement becomes necessary.
5. You will be reducing the chances for emergency calls for repairs. No one enjoys having such rude surprises; you’d prefer to avoid them.
When you notice evidence of a leak, strange noises, or operational changes in your heating and air, then you should contact your trained professionals immediately. Air conditioning service, however, will usually circumvent problems such as those, and there are some additional means to help prevent malfunctions or obstruction of airflow. You can vacuum or replace air filters as soon as they accumulate obvious dust particles. Clean your ventilation grilles and remove all items that may block free circulation. Keep the outside machine free of debris and dirt. Wash the drain to remove any clogs. These easy and quick measures do for your AC what oil changes do for your automobile.
An inspection of your ductwork can indicate whether there may be any damage or leaks in the network. Any of these tasks that you cannot do yourself can be done by your technician during the checkup visit. Do you ever stop to think of all the benefits your installation brings you, with so little effort on your part?
It is no fun when the frost and snow of winter feels like it has followed you indoors, as well. Your heating and cooling service can be the friend you need to keep your home toasty. Call one of our skilled technicians to tune-up your unit before the worst happens. We can help you in several ways:
1. You can’t turn back the hands of time. An ounce of prevention saves more than a dime.
You can save time by taking proactive steps. You could be saving workdays, holiday guest arrivals, or hours of waiting if a preventable dysfunction occurs simply because you skipped the checkup.
2. You will not pay for warming a mouse. You will not pay for heating under the house.
Save money by avoiding possible repair costs. Maintaining the efficiency of your system can also reduce utility bills.
3. You don’t like freezing over there. You don’t like freezing anywhere. Save yourself the worry of wondering when things will get back to normal.
4. You do not like the cold of ice. You don’t want to have to say it twice. Give yourself the gift of comfort by planning ahead.
5. You are cozy in your lair. You called AC experts who care. Bet you never guessed your heating and cooling service would inspire poetry.
We, as your trained specialists, can usually arrange inspection visits for a package price to keep your element humming along. We can recharge the machine, if needed, check for leaks or damage, and offer suggestions for simple and safe ways that you can increase the effectiveness of your air conditioning. If you haven’t already done so, we will change air filters for you, too. Regular upkeep is well worth the investment.
By reading http://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?c=heat_cool.pr_hvac, you can discover some great energy saving tips for the coming winter season. There are a lot of helpful pointers in this article to help save you some extra money. This sounds pretty good considering that you may be planning on doing a little shopping this holiday season.
You may have wondered how you can know when it is time for heater maintenance. Should you follow a certain schedule or are there signs that you need to watch? Here are a few pointers that will indicate a consultation with your AC masters is in order:
• The most obvious signals will be unusual occurrences such as odd noises, failure to cycle, strange odors, or complete inability to operate. Call your professional right away if any of these are evident. A part may be loose that could be easily replaced or repositioned. An unpleasant scent coming from the ventilation system could suggest the presence of mold. In any case, your certified technician will be able to diagnose the problem, and help you set it right.
• If you and your family are experiencing discomfort in any room of the house, then your mechanic can determine the cause and suggest ways to make your environment more pleasant. Leaks, blockage, remodeling inadequacies, and other factors may be involved. You deserve to feel comfortable, and inefficient airflow will increase your monthly utility bill.
• When the power statement is outrageous, or just significantly higher than expected, your heater maintenance experts are equipped to find the means to reduce your usage. They can calculate the predictable requirements for your space and check to see where modifications will improve your energy consumption.
Servicing is not just for when things go wrong. It can be an indispensable tool in preventing abrupt breakdowns during the worst possible weather. Not only is it a condition of most warranties, but seasonal appointments to check your unit and its network of components can help you avoid additional repairs when your HVAC is running most often. Schedule your next visit for upkeep before a malfunction becomes impossible to ignore by calling us at (512) 634-8049.
By reading the article at http://home.howstuffworks.com/home-improvement/heating-and-cooling/furnace-maintenance.htm, you will learn some great tips on how to maintain your heater this winter and keep it running smoothly. There are also some great troubleshooting tips included. This information can prove to be very useful for the homeowner that would like to save a little bit of money this season coming.
You know the winter chill is coming, and while it can be a welcome break from the heat of summer, it will soon require you to heat your home. If you dread the expensive energy bills that come with winter, then you will want to take the following steps to cut your costs.
Programmable thermostats and zone control are a great way to keep tabs on your heating system’s use. Programmable thermostats utilize your schedule to turn the air down when your home is vacant. If you are worried about forgetting to adjust these times, you may want to invest in a thermostat with Wi-Fi capabilities. You can access Wi-Fi thermostats through the Internet or your smart phone for the ultimate in controllability.
Zones can be set up in your home so that you can close off any rooms that are not often used. If you have less square footage to heat, then it makes sense that your utility bill will be lower. Feel free to contact one of our representatives to see if this option will work for you.
Sunlight is a natural heater, and the more sunlight that your home can take in, the less your heater will have to do. Open up your blinds and curtains during the day to maximize sun exposure, but make sure you close them tight as soon as the sun goes down to help keep the cold air out.
Many homes have beautiful hardwood, laminate, and tile floors in their homes, but these materials provide little insulation. Of course, this can be easily remedied by laying down area rugs. They provide some insulation for your floors, and a warmer, softer surface for your feet.
Of course, keeping your heating system running efficiently is an excellent way to save money, and we here at Airco would love to help you with that. We can be reached at 512.634.8049, or through our website at http://aircoaustin.com/aboutus/.