Make Sure Your A/C is Ready for the Summer Blast
Posted by Scott Mise | 04.02.2014
We’ve all felt the pinch of rising home cooling bills. Having your cooling system serviced annually can keep you comfortable and save you money, but there are things you can do yourself to assure that it’s operating properly and safely such as:
Use a hose to thoroughly wash off any debris and buildup from the winter on the outside cabinet of your condensing unit.
- Keep a cushion of at least one or two feet between your condenser and any trees, shrubs or outdoor décor.
- Run your A/C before it gets hot to make sure you don’t have a problem that first night you need it.
- Change the filters regularly.
- Be sure all access panels are secure, with all the screws in place.
- Be sure the thermostat is set in the cooling mode.
- Seasonal A/C maintenance may pay for itself in energy savings alone.
Don’t overlook these important reasons for also scheduling an air conditioning system tune-up:
- Manufacturers may require regular maintenance be performed to validate your warranty.
- Regular equipment tune-ups can identify and eliminate potential safety and health issues.
- New equipment can operate at peak efficiencies, whereas, ten to fifteen-year-old equipment may waste 20% to 30% energy.
- While performing some A/C maintenance yourself is beneficial, the best way to ensure your comfort, safety and energy savings is to have a professional tune-up conducted.
Call us today at 512-837-2917512-837-2917 to schedule your tune-up before that first heat wave arrives.