Tips for Preventing These Common Indoor Allergy Triggers
Posted by Scott Mise | 03.20.2015
Your home should be a relaxing place to unwind at the end of the day. But when your living space hold indoor allergy triggers, it can easily become the last place you want to spend time in. Even those who don’t suffer from allergies can feel flu-like symptoms and other negative side effects caused by exposure.
Here’s some more information about common household allergens, and the steps you can take to keep them at bay in your home.
Five Indoor Allergy Triggers
• Mold: You can find mold in bathrooms or basements, as it likes to grow in dark and moist spaces. However, if you have a humidity issue, you could find mold in other places in your home.
• Pet dander: Pet dander, rather than pet fur, can make some people feel miserable around their furry family members. Lucky for pet owners, there are several ways to reduce the amount of dander inside your home.
• Pollen: While pollen is often generated by outside sources, it can easily be brought into your home via your shoes and clothes. Pets that do go outside can also carry pollen indoors on their fur.
• Dust mites: These microscopic, spider-like insects are believed to often be the cause of allergic and asthmatic symptoms in sensitive individuals. They live in piles of dust, so the more dust there is, the more dust mites will be in your home.
• Cockroaches: The allergen produced by cockroaches is found in their saliva and waste. Spotting a single cockroach means there’s probably many more you haven’t seen, and this can be especially problematic if someone in your home is allergic to their saliva.
Solutions for Indoor Allergy Triggers
Installing an air purification system is one of the best ways to lower the amount of allergens in your home. You should also clean your floors and bedding often. Lastly, pets should be groomed outside if someone in your household is allergic to dander.
If you’d like to learn more about how to deal with indoor allergy triggers in your Austin home, feel free to contact Airco.