Austin can be considered one of the worst areas for allergies as we really have four allergy seasons all year long. This year the spring allergy season is predicted to be longer and more challenging due to the colder winter we had, in combination with the ever-changing temperatures of being warm one day and cold the next.
Here are some ways you can survive this spring’s allergy season:
• Change clothes after spending time outdoors.
• Button up. Keep windows closed at home and in the car to keep pollen from blowing into your living space.
• Dry clothes indoors. Don’t hang clothes outside to dry because they can collect pollen.
• Wash hair before bed.
• Try a neti pot or saline nasal spray to rinse pollen from nasal cavities.
• Dust, sweep and vacuum at least once a week.
• Change your AC filter at least four times a year with a HEPA filter.
• Spend time outside after 10:00 a.m. Pollens are usually released in the early morning hours, from 5:00 to 10:00 a.m.
• Wear a mask when mowing or raking as it can stir up pollen and mold.
• Signup for our Essential Filter Plan and have your filters delivered to your door.
• Watch pollen count reports and schedule outdoor activities for low pollen count days.
• Control your indoor air quality with a filtration system or complete system that contains an air cleaner.
Call us today at 512-837-2917 to find out how we can help provide you with indoor air quality solutions to combat allergies in your home.